Okay, When I say this project was easy . . . I sincerely, from the bottom of my heart, mean it. You could probably just figure it all out–by just by looking at the picture, but here are the instructions for good measure:
1. Choose a place mat (that’s the hardest step–no seriously).
2. Fold the placemat into thirds–it doesn’t have to be even. It’s up to you as to where you want the flap to meet–or not meet–the bottom.
3. Iron the folds if the material needs it–in my case the material folded and creased easily without ironing.
4.Sew up sides of the bottom “flap”–do so-right side out. Seam size is up to you, but I would keep it as close to the edge as possible to give you the most purse room for your things. Don’t forget to backstitch at the ends.
5. Fold up the corners of the cover flap evenly. Sew down along the inside edges. If seems are going to show–in my case, they did not because of the thread color and the patterns on the placemats you could use the option to glue the corners down with fabric glue.
6. Hand sew the snap pieces into place on the purse to keep the flap closed (this is the most time consuming part of the whole project–and this only takes about 5-10 minutes flat).
7. Glue on decals wherever you like them with fabric glue. Let dry overnight.