Last week, I signed up for the educational licensed version. Not sure if I’ll end up using it for a class, but I may.
3 Things I like:
1. Innovative interface–it’s fresh, but rather user friendly. It’s also easy on the eyes.
2. Rather seemless. It’s incredibly easy to go from one command to the next, to zoom in and out, navigate the window . . . etc.
3. Full Screen option–nice and undistracting
3 Things I don’t like:
1. Not too many templates to choose from. Granted, I am using the license for the educational package–and I’m sure if I upgraded there would be more.
2. It takes time getting used to. I understand this is normal, but the initial “tutorial video” was almost too fast to be useful. I had to play around with it to get start getting comfortable, and I’m not even quite there yet.
3. Hmm . . . I actually can’t think of a third that wouldn’t be half way repetitive of the other two.
That said, I’d encourage you to try it out for the experience. I know there is at least one class here at BJU that is requiring of all its students to try it out (what a smart and innovative professor).
Prezi –sign up for you’re free account! If you’re a student, go ahead and sign up for the educational license. Or, if you think you want the whole package–go right ahead and dish out the $160 a year. You may LOVE it.